This is the heartbreaking moment a pensioner who lost his home and all his possessions in a devastating house fire sobbed as he clutched his pet cat while trying to take in the devastation.
Ali Mese, 83, accidentally burnt his house down after trying to light his wooden stove with gas.
In the news footage the pensioner can be seen weeping over the loss of his home but he clutches the cat who was rescued from the blaze.
Firefighters were able to save the cat after neighbours raised the alarm but the home, made out of wood, was destroyed.
Ali and his family escaped the fire in the Ordu Province in Turkey but only one cat, out of many owned by the family, escaped.